Welcome


Hello, my name is Dionne and I have been crafting for a very long time. As a very young child my mother tried to teach me to knit, it was a disaster. However, it must have sparked an interest in making things and, partly to prove that I was not totally useless and partly because I really wanted to make things, I taught myself to crochet. Over the years I have developed a love of cross stitch and all types of paper craft ..... I eventually even taught myself to knit.


I am married to a very understanding man, thank goodness, because I spend all my time either crafting, thinking about crafting or talking about crafting. I am hopeless at housework and dinner is often late!


Thank you for visiting my blog.


Dionne

Monday, 19 September 2011

'Earthdancer'

Hello again and a big welcome to any new visitors.

It's day one of a new Crafty Boots challenge.  The theme for this challenge is 'Things with Wings'.  It was quite hard deciding how I wanted to interpret this topic, in the end I decided on a counted cross stitch angel, I hope you like her.

I find myself distracted by the beadwork and dreamcatchers net and almost miss her wings, but they are there if you look.






This is a Butternut Road pattern by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum entitled "Earthdancer".

8 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! This is absolutely, positively STUNNING!!! I cannot take my eyes off of this beauty!!! My father was part Cherokee and Sioux, so Native American creations truly touch my heart! What can I say...I LOVE THIS...every gorgeous detail!!!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Agiema

      Thank you for your comment.

      You could try your local cross stitch stockist or craft fair. I just have checked ebay for you and someone is currently selling a copy of the chart - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cross-stitch-chart-Butternut-Road-Earthdancer-unopened-BNWOT-/121231935156?pt=UK_Crafts_CrossStitch_RL&hash=item1c39fc86b4

      Dionne

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning!!! May ask you, what fabric have you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Lina. I made this quite some time ago now and I cannot remember which fabric I used. I remember that it was a 32 count linen. It was most likely Cashel or perhaps Belfast linen. I hope this helps.

      Dionne xx

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful! Thank you for posting pictures with details up close. I especially love those suede ribbon/thread touches! First time I see it in a design, looks so very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olga, it is so kind of you to leave such kind words. It took a long time to finish this canvass but it was really worth it and it is among my greatest treasures.

      Although I made it a long time ago I discovered that you can still purchase the chart from ebay for around £10.00. If you do decide to stitch this chart it would be worth while tracking down the embellishment kit with the suede ribbons and wool.

      Good luck.

      Dionne xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog, I look forward to reading your feedback on my work. I hope you will visit again.

Dionne